So you need to find someone who does SAME DAY PRINTING in Los Angeles. Do any of the following apply to the situation you now find yourself in?
- You waited until the last minute to order your printing.
- The designer didn’t give you the files until just now but the convention starts at 6:00 p.m.
- You forgot you were running low on your 4 part order forms.
- The printer you used to use screwed up the job and now you’re in a bind.
- Your job was being shipped but hasn’t arrived yet.
You are not alone! These are just some of the statements we hear on a daily basis from new clients that need their job and require SAME DAY PRINTING in Los Angeles. So, there no need to worry, you’ve found the right place with the reputation to prove we now how to Get It Done. But keep in mind, printing miracles requires a team effort and YOU have to be part of the team too.
What part do you have to play on this team? We have just a few things that we need from you in order to make this SAME DAY PRINTING job a reality. They are:
- Press ready PDF files with 1/8″ bleeds and cut (crop) marks. If you don’t have this, it may be tough to meet our cut off time for a same day turnaround. If the only file you have is a low resolution image meant for posting on the internet, your printed results are going to be disappointing. RGB files, PNG or JPGs will all produce unexpected results. If that’s all you have to work with, you have to decide if printing something that looks bad is better than not having anything to hand out at all. The bleeds and cut marks are something we can help with but if time is running out, keep in mind if we have to work on your file, we have to email you a proof. This eats up time. Use either “press quality” or PDFx1-A” for your presets to create a press ready file from the program it was originally created in..
- Clear instructions for paper or substrate to use. Call or come by our office to discuss the paper or substrate details as soon as you can. “Something nice” is not a paper choice. We have 4 weights of paper stocks, 3 weights of card stocks and 3 finishes to choose from for digital printing. They are ALL nice! Be prepared to let us know if the job is printing on text weights or cover weights. Also decide if you would like a coated, matte or uncoated finish.
- Quantity to print. Be mindful of the fact that digital printing is much more expensive than traditional offset printing and SAME DAY PRINTING jobs carry additional costs as well. With this in mind, you should only be looking to print as few or as many copies as you need for the time being. If the quantity is large and time allows, the rest should be printed conventionally with our large offset presses with normal 5-7 work day production.
- Bindery options. You have to be realistic here too. A perfect bound book that requires multiple bindery steps including scoring the covers and 3 side finish trimming are not going to happen in a couple hours. The glue we use for perfect binding needs 8 hours to cure so even if we can manufacture the books, you’ll need to make sure not to open them for as long as possible. Other bindery options like saddle stitching, Wire-O binding, coil binding, simple scoring and folding are much easier to accomplish for SAME DAY PRINTING jobs.
- Payment. Be prepared to provide a credit card for payment in advance. If you do not have a United States zip code, we can email you a link for payment in your country as well.
Sounds pretty easy but if you’re not the printing wiz at your company, all of the above may sound like gibberish to you. It’s OK, take a deep breadth and know that we’re here to help as much as we can. Call us at 310-558-4752 to discuss your project.
Same Day Printing in 7 Hours or Less
The items we can produce by SAME DAY PRINTING methods in Los Angeles are very broad too. Here are just some of the jobs we’ve done in the past within 7 hours of production:
- Retractable banner stands, 31.25″ x78.5″ (1 dozen in a day)
- Mini-Posters, 12″ x 18″ (3,000 in less than a day)
- Post Cards, 4″ x 6″, 2 sided with VDP (5,000 in less than a day)
- Movie Posters, 27″ x 40″ mounted on white foam core (42 in a day)
- Movie Posters, 27″ x 40″ with no mounting (120 in a day)
- Brochures, 8.5 x 11, tri-folded (700 produced with same day digital printing)
- Perfect bound books, 8.5 x 11, (50 in a day – but they promised not to use them until the next day)
- Saddle stitched 40 page books, 8.5 x 11, (100 produced with same day digital printing)
- Credential Badges on 15 mil plastic (150 personalized produced with same day digital printing)
- Step and Repeat Banners – small size 5’x10′ (5 produced with same day wide format inkjet)
- Wire-O bound books, 98 page, 8.5 x 11, (50 in a day)
- Job Fair employee handbooks, 154 page, 8.5 x 11 (200 in a day)
- Contour cut vinyl labels, custom shape, (100 in a day)
- Plastic Menus, 12 x 18 (1 dozen in less than a day)
- AND A WHOLE LOT MORE!
When it comes to your urgent printing needs (those that were needed “yesterday”), know that SLB Printing has come to the aid of many of our clients who now trust us with all of their printing needs. Our printing quality is never compromised, despite the same day or next day turnaround. Our printing machines schedules are always organized, and we follow process guidelines for every job that we do. The part that’s expedited is the preparation time of your files and bumping you up in the queue, never the printing quality. If you need a printing miracle in Los Angeles, call us, we’d be happy to help!
What is Same Day Printing?
SLB Printing is the Same Day printing and copy service, in Los Angeles and surrounding areas, that businesses large and small use when deadlines are short and the need for quality Same-Day printing is mandated. The goal of SLB Printing is to produce stress free, same day print services on a wide range of print collateral. Overnight and next day printing is included in the services offered at SLB Printing as well.
For more information on file set up some tips on how to submit your file, please review our Blog Article here: https://www.slbprinting.com/how-should-i-submit-my-files-for-printing/